Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Metered Taxi Service at NAIA

There's a new metered taxi service at both NAIA I and II. These yellow taxis will take you to any destination in Mega Manila (Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan and Laguna). Flagdown rate is PHP70 for the first 500 meters and PHP4 for every 300 meters. The taxi meter units are also equipped with a receipt dispensing feature.

These taxis can be found right near the white airport taxi loading area at the airport. When you come out of the Domestic Arrival area, turn right and go straight until you see the line of yellow colored taxis. Get a "receipt" from the counter and give that to the driver.

Last time I was there, I wasn't aware of this service yet, and the airport staff were helpful enough to point me to the metered taxi service. The fleet is new, the drivers are trained and they issue a receipt. I only paid half of what I usually pay for the big white SUV taxis. This is a great development in the travel industry. Next time you travel, just look for the yellow cabs. Happy travels.

No comments: