Friday, June 20, 2008

What's Your Driving Music?

What's a great driving song? I was just sitting here and listening to Yahoo Music when it played Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.

Take me away: A secret place.
A sweet escape: Take me away.

Then I just thought that this song would be great when driving. It's not too slow to make you feel drowsy and it's upbeat enough to make you feel that yes, you're still alive. That's how I like the songs to go when I'm driving. Rock music makes me hyperactive, and that's not so good for soon I'll be going at it at 80 mph. If the music is too slow, it makes me feel sleepy and drowsy. The best types of driving music for me would probably be jazz, some kinds of R&B, a little alternative rock, erm country music, something in the mid-stream upbeat side.

There's this male friend who likes to listen to The Carpenters while driving. Oh boy, once we were on a ten-hour marathon road trip and when it was his turn to drive, he played the whole 2-disc Greatest Hits: The Carpenters album. Of course, we all fell asleep in no time. I woke up in the middle of the night and found him all-alive, energetic and singing along with Karen Carpenter at the top of his voice!

There are also some who like playing classical music when driving. Imagine that, driving along to the sounds of the Hallelujah Chorus. Or to the thumping sounds of The Great Gate of Kiev. Majestic... and amazing. I wonder where I'll end up if that were me.

We all have different preferences and I'm sure you will have your own driving music preference. What's your style? What's your favorite music for driving?
The sun is on my side. Take me for a ride. I smile up to the sky. I know I'll be all right.

No comments: